Saturday, December 1, 2007

Reading for the Week

I consider Poynter online to be a great source for journalistic resources. I agreed strongly with the comment by Weiss in which he stated, "As a photojournalist, I like to think there's some built-in idea of the rememberance of a still image." This is part of the reason that I enjoy broadcasting - it is another element of story-telling. I also appreciate his regard for all types of journalism. Instead of asserting his own personal views, he admits that there are strengths to video, audio, and print journalism. I also agree that the photojournalism deserves more respect from reporters, and I think that this is an important subject to address. I also laughed when I read "Journalism, gotta do it." I fell in love with the field of journalism in a similar way- I just knew it. Finally, I like that he wanted to make the program available, accessible and affordable for all journalists. Seems like a great guy.

No comments: